Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Spa Day!

If I had to guess what Taiwan would be like when I signed up for the trip back in June, I probably would have guessed that I would be eating a lot of rice noodles, looking at a lot of temples, wandering through massive crowds in the city, and exploring the Asian jungle. Call me crazy.

Ha! Most of it turned out to be true. What I didn't anticipate was a lovely afternoon of hot towel neck massages, scalp massages, manicures, and blowouts...

...all for about $20 USD.

Impossible? Not here. The salons here really know how to do things right. I think they even washed my hair for about 15 minutes straight. I didn't even know hair could be so clean! We walked into the humid evening with luminous, straight tresses, carefully manicured fingers, and supple muscles.

Am I prone to exaggeration? Maybe a little bit! But this place was seriously amazing!

This weekend we're off to Taroko Gorge, a national park that is supposed to be beautiful. We board the train early tomorrow morning...I'll post some pictures for everyone and tell you about my trip on Sunday! Have a great weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I'm soooo jealous!! Raining, gloomy and no massages here! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!That's a nice perk! I had a deep tissue massage the other day... Ouch! You're sounds much nicer- and cheaper!... I'll have to head to Taiwan soon ;)

    ReplyDelete