Sunday, January 3, 2010

My life is officially complete...

My accomplishment today was one requiring refined knowledge, concentration, and motor skills. It was one I never originally thought possible; I spent much of my childhood attempting to master this task, but the goal always seemed just barely beyond the limit of my abilities.

I mastered the claw vending machine.

Yes, you're thinking that I'm ridiculous. I didn't really even expect to get anything out of the machine, but there were so many claw machines with such ridiculous items in them, I simply couldn't resist. My prize? A croissant keychain, a very necessary and useful item to bring back home. I should shadowbox it or something for posterity.

I also tried a new food today, which was met with much more success than the squid! I had a shaved ice sundae. Of course, for those of you know about my sweet tooth, this shouldn't come as much of a surprise. Basically, I had a pile of shaved ice with some sort of milk and banana flavoring in it, sliced bananas, a strawberry, a scoop of chocolate ice cream, and lots of chocolate syrup! Yum! It looked normal-sized in the picture, but when it came it was so huge that Jeannette and I decided to split it instead. They also had lots of beautiful fruity ones that I'll have to go back and try later!

Here are some pictures of HUGE food...fat carrots and the most gigantic green onions I have ever seen!

I can't resist -- I have to wrap things up with some more funny English signs that we discovered today...
Because bubble tea makes you HAPPY!

Underwear found in a claw vending machine...weird.

Because we always refer to milk as lactic acid...

Just because it's a sports drink doesn't mean that "SWEAT" is ever an appetizing product name!


Tomorrow is my first day at TAS (Taipei American School) -- wish me luck!



3 comments:

  1. Awesome blog Carolyn... Have fun at school! What a GREAT experience :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was a banana at first (the crescent roll key chain). That's totally awesome. I mean, who DOESN'T need a key chain in the shape of a croissant. Is that a pig in nun's clothing in the back of the claw machine next to hello kitty? Great photos Carolyn and kudos on mastering the ancient art of the arcade claw machine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolyn - you made me laugh so hard...how many times I said "no" to you to "play" the machine at Albertson's when you were little...must have driven you mad! Hope you have a great first day of class! Can't wait to hear about your day. Love you!

    ReplyDelete